We Are United in Our Dedication to SERVE the NEEDY
Who We Are
Extending the helping hand to build a better world.
ALMADAD SOCIAL AND WELFARE TRUST has been created to enhance the process of development and delimit the scope of professionalism in development sector. The evolution has not been voluntary on accidental. It has been a well-planned articulation of development & its process in urban and rural region.
ASAWT has been constituted to make an impeccable demonstration in the field of environment and development where people would dream of a world, which is more lively, sustainable and resourceful and could bring it to a reality. Community and its resources are central to the development process and sustainable management of resources by the community becomes the basic premise on which ASAWT builds up its development interventions.
Aims and Objectives
The aim and objective of the organization is to provide an alternative model of socio-economic development. To achieve this, emphasis is laid on areas suffering from the existing lop sided mode of development. Different types of development action and research offers are as follows.
- Creation of sustainable peoples’ organisations by identifying active and motivated community leaders with social concern and commitment, train and equip them with knowledge and skill through capacity building trainings to take ‘lead and interface role’
- Awareness on Health, Hygiene, and Urban and Rural Sanitation .
- Make the target functionally literate, reduce the dropouts as well as enhance the enrolment of the students in educational institutions, especially girl children.
- To initiate community based processes including right based approaches to reduce child labourers in the society.
- Sensitise the community especially women and child health realities and build up effective community based health services
- Promote the growth and development of the co-operative, micro-finance programme and micro insurance for economic security and social betterment of the communities.
- Sustainable livelihoods free from poverty and hunger through management of natural resources with focus on watershed programme
- Advocating public opinions and policies in favour of the poor, indigenous groups, children, CPR and others.
- Strengthen people’s institutions including PRIs to ensure people’s initiatives towards their own development.
- Community mobilization and group building
- Capacity Building of CBO/SHGs functionaries and local groups through Training, hand holding, Awareness and Exposure.
- Disaster Preparedness Programs.
- Documentation and dissemination.
- Campaign against child labour
- Established Educational Institutions
— Our Mission
Our mission is to sensitize, organise, enable, empower and develop the poor and the marginalized especially the indigenous tribes and dalits to respond to their issues, needs, problems, potentials, strengths and resources through collective reflection, decision and action .
— Our Vision
ALMADAD SOCIAL AND WELFARE TRUST visualizes a holistic and sustainable developed society.
— Our Approach
We consciously work on grass root approach with renewed emphasis on compact area intervention. We believe in participatory approach to programme planning and implementation in partnership.
— Our Commitment
We are Committed to the women, child right, landless, small and marginalized farmers, Water and Sanitation in Urban Slums /Rural, Gender equity, Livelihood issues and food security, Sustainable management of Land, Water and Forest, Priority to sustainable impact, Committed to be a learning organization, Fostering networks of individuals, community based organizations, PRIs, NGOs and Govt. departments, Trust worthy and transparent systems, Right based approaches and Peace.